Cemetery with carved wood head-markers
The cemetery is situated on the Church Hill. Its centre is circle surrounded and toned by the range of the former moat. The local people tend to mention the head-markers gombfa or gomfa. 7 kinds of head-markers are known in the village, but only four are used. They are all rectangular prisms. The head-markers for adult men and women are this shape from bottom to the top, their top is cut diagonally to the back or front. The boys’ head-markers have a knob on the top, the girls’ have a crown. There are some with semi-circle or trapezoid top.
Saint Catherine of Alexandra hospital and chapel
According to written sources, before 1367 on the south edge of Telkibánya there was a chapel made of wood. In 1367, the mine steward in Telkibánya, Kuper György asked King Lajos (Louise) to give his permission to knock it down and build a hospital. In 1369 Mihály bishop from Eger wrote that the constructions had already started. Because the hospital had poor and elderly patients, a chapel also became necessary to be built next to the hospital. The chapel may have been named after Saint Catherine of Alexandria because she was the patron saint if the miners in Telkibánya.